We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It's the dead of winter, and chances are your immune system could use a boost. This creamy soup's sweet potato and carrot base is here to the rescue, with both brightly colored veggies delivering a powerful punch of immunity-boosting vitamin C and beta carotene. Leave the cold outside-this recipe will warm you right up (and make your kitchen smell pretty great too)!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 cup diced yellow or white onion
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 3 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoonThai red curry paste
- 6 cups low-sodium broth, divided
- 3dried kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Torn cilantro leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Crushed peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot or high-rimmed pan over high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add onions, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste, 3 cups broth, and kaffir lime leaves, if using. Stir to combine, then turn heat to medium and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove kaffir lime leaves and discard. Working in batches, transfer soup to a large blender. Add remaining 3 cups broth and peanut butter, then purée until completely smooth.
- Pour into bowls and serve hot, topped with cilantro and crushed peanuts, if desired.