Instead of using lemon zest-a classic carrot cake ingredient-to get these muffins' fresh, citrusy flavor, this recipe uses flavored Greek yogurt, which also helps add moisture. These little treats are also packed with carrots, walnuts, and plenty of cinnamon and vanilla. They make a great breakfast or even dessert.
- 1 1/4cupsgluten-free flour
- 1/4cup packed light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4cup citrus-flavored Greek yogurt (we used tangerine Yoplait Greek)
- 1/2cup milk
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, milk, butter, vanilla, and egg. Whisk until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Add carrots and walnuts if using, and fold together until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among 10 muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until muffin tops are lightly browned and spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let finish cooling on a rack.
This recipe was provided to Greatist exclusively by Yoplait. We only partner with a product or company that we think rocks, and we hope you agree.